HGTV Comes to Life KC Wholesale Carpet and Area Rug Dimensions
Written By Julie Burton / Photos by Jami Marshall
The first step to upgrading a home is usually the flooring, and Chris Bradford, owner of KC Wholesale Carpet and Area Rug Dimensions, has Kansas City’s best kept 20-year secret in flooring.
Tucked in the 127th and Metcalf corridor in Overland Park, this company makes installing your floors easy and free of hidden costs. Whether you’re a novice home designer or you envision a custom rug design, KC Wholesale Carpet and Area Rug Dimensions will help you with your home’s many footprints.
“When someone shows me photos of interiors they like, I can always find the consistency with the favorite looks,” says Bradford. “I take that knowledge, view the home, and know exactly what to recommend, whether it be new carpet or placing the right size rug for the space. My gratification is the finished product my client loves.”
The best part is they sell at builder prices. “Our prices are as cheap as they can be, every day,” says Bradford. “If you get at least three bids, we will always be the wholesale price.”
KC Wholesale Carpet features a wide selection of carpet flooring, real hardwood, engineered hardwood, and luxury vinyl wood floors. In recent years, the benefits of vinyl wood floors have been catching the attention of homeowners. Vinyl wood floors are waterproof, can be installed without clearing the furniture out of the room, and can last ten times longer than hardwood.
The newest technology in vinyl is called Authentic Mix. The vinyl comes in a mix of widths and lengths and the embossing goes along with the grain of the vinyl wood. The effect is real wood at a cheaper price.
For those who prefer do-it-yourself projects, all flooring can be purchased with carry-out wholesale prices. But the do-it-yourself trend is not for everyone. KC Wholesale Carpet includes full service in the quoted price, which includes an in-home floor measure, a lifetime warranty, carpet pads, moving your furniture, hauling away and recycling your old carpet, vacuuming, and putting your furniture back in place.
The Area Rug Dimensions showroom offers a variety of rugs to choose from, but you are not limited to what is on display. Customers can order custom designs and colors. For those with a designer’s eye, you can go completely custom, meaning you can draw your own rug design and even choose custom dyes. Transitional rugs are the primary draw for many customers, but the possibilities are endless, with Orientals, abstracts, and the latest trends, including a bamboo-silk. As with the flooring, an in-home consultation is included with rugs as well.
When choosing flooring, there are a few things you should remember. Following are some of Bradford’s tips:
• Decide how long you want your flooring to last. If there’s a better than 50 percent chance of never leaving your home, you should put down a nicer carpet. Thicker carpet doesn’t necessarily mean nicer. Thinner, tighter, and denser carpet is best for wear, durability, and maintenance.
• Vacuum often. If you vacuum enough, you shouldn’t have to clean the carpet often. If you have kids and pets, you should be vacuuming more than once a week. The reality is vacuuming often is difficult, so Bradford recommends tighter, denser carpet.
• Apply a protectant once or twice a year. After vacuuming, apply a clear protectant spray on your carpet such as ScotchGuard or ForceField.
• The best time to upgrade flooring is spring or fall. “The windows open” time is the best time to install flooring. It’s easier on you and the installers. It’s not too hot or too cold, and the product can be properly acclimated to the climate. This is especially true for hardwoods.
• Multi-tonal carpets are the best at hiding stains and debris. Patterns and textures are trending. The number one selling color is greige, a mix of beige and grey. It blends well with almost any wall color and décor style.
• If you have hardwood floors, a humidifier is a must. The humidifier needs to be checked every year and you must change the filter at least once a year. It’s key to keeping your hardwood floors looking great.
KC Wholesale Carpet and Area Rug Dimensions • 12623 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS • 913.327.8784
kcwholesalecarpetstores.com • facebook.com/kcwholesalecarpet • facebook.com/arearugdimensions